Hello kimchi lovers, kimchi noobs, and eating enthusiasts!
I am happy to share this meal idea with you….I call it a meal idea because it is not really a specific recipe. You can really do whatever you want with this. That is the beauty of kimchi….and burgers too I guess. You can do just about anything with it!
Something special about this burger is that I used the Beyond Burger. The day we made these kimchi burgers was the second day in a row eating the Beyond Burger. Yeah. It’s that good. I know these are still in limited locations though so use whatever patties you like best!
One of the essential parts of this burger is the spicy mayo. Inspired by sriracha mayo, this is made with Vegenaise and Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste). It is so yummy. Trust me you will be sad without it.
Let’s get to it.
This only takes about 10 minutes to throw together which is perfect if you are hangry and need something to satisfy a meaty, salty, tangy, savory hankering.
Vegan Kimchi Burgers
What you need:
- 2 Buns (I like to use Pub Buns)
- 2 Burger Patties (I used the Beyond Burger)
- A basic burger seasoning of your choice since the Beyond Burger is unseasoned
- Some kind of greens (I used green leaf lettuce just because we had it)
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup Yummchi Kimchi with juice squeezed out
- 1/4 cup Vegenaise or your choice of vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
What you do:
- Make the spicy mayo-whisk together the Vegenaise and gochujang until smooth and set aside until ready to serve
- Heat a pan to medium high heat and add the oil
- Stir fry the kimchi for 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan, put in a bowl, and cover. You can also add some sesame seeds if you want.
- In the same pan (if you want) cook the burger patties according to the package instructions. Season as you would any other burger patty
- Rinse your greens
- ASSEMBLE! Bun+greens+patty+kimchi+bun top smeared with spicy mayo=Vegan Kimchi Burger! YUMMMMMMY!